Something Wrong with Your Mouth? See an Oral Surgeon

Healthy Smile

Healthy SmileDo you have speech problems or you find it difficult to chew your food? When you smile, do you show too much of your gums?

The good news is that you don’t have to suffer speech problems, and neither should it be difficult for you to chew your food. When it comes to smiling, on the other hand, you have some options to beautify and improve it, through an oral surgeon – in Salt Lake City, no less.

Where to Seek Help

An oral surgeon is just the expert who can help you. This doctor specializes in maxillofacial surgery or any surgery needed in the facial area. Whatever the problem is, whether acquired since birth or a result of trauma (such as car accidents and sports injuries), a maxillofacial surgeon can perform a surgery on your face to restore your old face or reconstruct acquired defects.

What is an Oral Surgeon?

An oral surgeon is a medical doctor who can correct mouth problems. Among their abilities, they can correct a harelip with a stitch, in such a way that it will eliminate or lessen speech defects without the ugly appearance.

Furthermore, they can also handle overbite and underbite problems by using braces and reconstructive surgery. This evens out the upper and lower teeth so that no lip is protruding. Finally, reconstructive surgery remedies gums too extended from your teeth.

Assessment and Diagnosis

Now, in some cases you can’t always pinpoint what causes your oral problems. That’s why it is advisable that you see an oral surgeon for him to perform tests, assess your condition and make the correct diagnosis for you.

There are no tricks involved here. After all, oral surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons have the training and the license to do the job. After surgery, it is only a matter of time that you get the results that you wanted.

Scroll to Top