Improve the level of comfort and safety at home by keeping your air conditioning system working properly. To ensure the efficiency and functionality of your unit, here is a maintenance guide that’s worth taking note of:
- Clean the vents, ducts, and evaporator of your unit. Regular dusting and cleaning service on these areas further improve the airflow of your HVAC system.
- Change or clean your filters. You must change these several times a year depending on how frequent you’re using it. This is necessary to avoid dust and dirt from blocking the airways of your system.
- Repair broken parts immediately. Small leaks and cracks in the tubing or coils can mean a lot of things. In fact, it can even be harmful to you and your family. Legacyheatingandairinc.com suggests weighing your options whether it is ideal to spend on repair or it would be less costly to buy a new air conditioner. Sometimes, there are problems that are impossible to fix.
- Check the Freon refill. When your air condition starts to work slowly or improperly, it might be due to being out of coolant. If you find the task complicated and dangerous to handle by yourself, it is best to call a professional to do it for you.
- Clean the exterior surface of your AC especially during fall and summer. Remove all types of debris around it. This is necessary if your unit and heat pumps are outdoors.
- Avoid covering your system because it’ll cause glitches or malfunctions. However, it is fine to cover when not in use.
- See if the evaporator drain or tube is plug correctly. This is where algae and mold usually begin to grow, so avoid neglecting this part of your unit. Be sure to keep a close eye on this region to avoid serious damages in your system, as well as your home.
Enjoy the benefits of a properly working AC system with this maintenance guide. Perform constant and regular inspection on your unit to prevent any serious problem from showing up.