Help for Ill Energy Workers

Medical Bills

Medical BillLearning that you have a serious life-limiting illness is traumatic for you and everyone who cares about you. But, it need not be made worse by financial need. As a former atomic worker, you could receive compensatory pay for your occupational illness in recognition for the service and sacrifice you have made for your country. Your loved ones could also be provided for when you are not here.

The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program

The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program, or EEOICPA, was founded in 2001 to help sick energy workers with their living and medical costs and provide for their families after their death. If you need assistance with your medical bills and you want to stay in your own home, Nuclear Care Partners says EEOICPA could pay for a home care aide, enabling you to remain there instead of going to a hospice.

How a Home Care Aide Could Help You

A fully trained home help and nursing aide can do various tasks, including:

  • Light household chores

  • Personal care such as assistance with washing and dressing

  • Meal preparation

  • Transportation to hospital appointments, shops or social events

  • Nursing care, for instance, administration of medication.

  • They provide moral support for everyone and respite for family members who help with care.

Eligibility for EEOICPA

You will be eligible for compensation if you have radiation-induced cancer and worked for the U.S Department of Energy or you were a contractor or sub-contractor. Former atomic weapons employers are also eligible.

The cancer has to have developed after working at the energy facility and that the cancer is determined as likely to be caused by that employment. For more information about EEOICPA and how you can apply for it, visit the U.S Department of Labor website and get the energy worker benefits you deserve.

Scroll to Top